In 1911 a group of Masons residing in St Francis, began the preliminary work on organizing a Masonic Lodge in St Francis. After a lot of hard work, and working under dispensation, the Charter was granted, and on February 19, 1914, St Francis Lodge #404 became a reality.
In the beginning, Lodge was held in a rented room over the old Citizen's State Bank located on the northwest corner of Washington Avenue and Quincy Street. In 1920, lots were purchased on the east side of Quincy Street. The cornerstone for the building was laid April 13, 1957 and the building was dedicated November 1, 1958. A portion was designated as rental space.
In 1976, remodeling was done, using a part of the rental space and creating a 20' X 40' room. This has been carpeted and is used as a social hall, which has proved to be a very useful room.